Wednesday, December 20, 2006

jsussman

I've been a volunteer at HL for 25 years. Marble ran Help Line from the beginning (1970) until they transferred it to the Jewish Board about three years ago. I was on the Help Line board for the last few of the Marble years. When Marble decided to get out, they solicited offers from other charities and there were at least three other offers besides the Jewish Board at the time (I don't remember who they were or if that's even relevant now). I recommend that we appeal to someone at the Jewish Board (maybe Sandra can give us a name) and ask them for their assistance in helping us find a successor organization to run it, hopefully with the space to do so. It would be unrealistic to expect to the Jewish Board to run it themselves; they have a hiring freeze, have made their decision, etc., but maybe we can point out the history and importance of the line and appeal to the better instincts of that person to assist us in finding a new home. I would help as a spokesperson for our group.

Thanks, Kendra for helping me get on to this new-fangled service.

No comments: